I am a storyteller. I write with energy, compassion and integrity.
IN 2019 I completed my Bachelor of Arts (Professional and Creative Writing) with Distinction, and have sense gained invaluable industry experience as a writer and editor.
From November 2019 to July 2020, I worked as a journalist for regional newspaper, The Hamilton Spectator. Here, I specialised in rural features and agricultural news.
In August, I teamed up with Rural Women’s Day Founder, Jackie Elliott to develop a special keepsake magazine in lieu of the annual event for International Day of Rural Women on October 15. Alongside my role as Editor, I also wrote a number of articles for the publication.
Feature on Western District businesswomen featuring Grotti Lotti, Grampians Goods Co., and Calladdon & Co Designs
- Per Hour Rate
- Per blog post – starting from 400 words.
- Cost calculated depending on supplied content, or whether writing the blog entails research.
- E.g. Average cost for 400-word blog post with content provided is $45 (1-hour work).
- 400-word blog post requiring research averages at $90 (2 hours work).
- Per Hour Rate
- 200-word posts for social media or marketing copy.
- E.g. Copy for five (5) social media posts for Instagram and Facebook, averaging 2.5 posts written each hour = $90
- Prices starting from $200.
- Cost determined by brief, length of article, and amount of interviewing and research required.
- For manuscripts, publications for print, or digital content (online).
- Focusses on error correction (typos, spelling, grammar), rather than heavy structural and sentence editing.
- Suggestions and light edits on the first five (5) chapters of a manuscript.
- E.g. total cost for a chapter assessment with 50 pages total, at 10 pages per hour = $225
- Full structural edit for a manuscript.
- Average 5-10 pages editing per hour depending on material.
- Total cost determined by length of manuscript and amount of editing required.
- E.g. total cost for structural edit of a 500-page manuscript, at 10 pages per hour = $3,000